Date(s) - September 19, 2017 - October 30, 2017
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Roger Neilson House
This training will provide volunteers with an in-depth understanding of Hospice Palliative Care and their role as volunteers.
At the completion of the training, volunteers will have the opportunity to become Family Support volunteers. As well, after 1 year of residence experience, volunteers who completed the training will have the ability to apply for a volunteer position with the Visiting Home Hospice Program.
The topics covered in the training will include:
– Introduction to hospice palliative care
– Role of volunteer & understanding professional boundaries
– Child development and being an effective play partner
– Pediatric palliative illnesses
– Family dynamics
– Relevant policies & procedures
The training will be delivered through a combination of online modules, in-class teaching and guest speakers. Please note that participants will be required to complete approximately 2-4 hours of online modules prior to each in-class sessions.
The in-class training dates are:
- Tuesday September 19 from 6 to 8:30pm
- Monday October 2 from 6 to 8:30pm
- Monday October 30 from 6 to 8:30pm.
This event is fully booked.