Date(s) - April 06, 2019
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Roger Neilson House
Categories No Categories
This workshop is for RNH Volunteers as the kick-off to our Volunteer Week Celebrations. If you are an RNH Volunteer and wish to attend this workshop, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workshop: The Art of Dying Well: Reflecting on the Opportunities to Humanize Death and Dying
Presenter: Dr. Gerardo Quintanar
Presenter Bio: Born in Mexico, Dr Quintanar immigrated to Canada in 1986. He holds a Bachelor of Philosophy from Dominican College in Ottawa, a Master of Theology for Saint Thomas University in Roma and a PhD in Theology from Dominican College in Ottawa. Amongst the various positions he has held, he was the outreach Manager for the Catholic Centre for Immigrants of Ottawa; he was the Director of Spanish publications for Saint Paul University editorial, and in 1999, he became the Manager for Spiritual Support Services at CHEO, where his services extended to Roger Neilson House. Dr. Quintanar retired in February 2019.
- Understanding the loss of a humanistic framework to death and dying in the modern western way of life;
- Developing a holistic view and practices in Palliative Care;
- Rediscovering death as a positive human experience;
- Death as an accomplishment of life;
- Death as a spiritual experience;
- Death as transcendence;
- Death as the revelation of the person – ancestry.